Hello Friends! We hope that the transition back into the
school year is going smoothly for everyone. Football and
Cheer practice will be starting up soon and we hope to
see you all out there to support our athletes and play!
We have some exciting events coming up so stay posted
- September 8th: Our first Meeting and Informational
- September 22nd: Second Meeting with Guest Speakers and Committee Sign Ups
- September 27th: Area Bocce Ball Competition- volunteers needed so check out the link to sign up: Bocce Ball Volunteer Sign Up.
- October 4th: New Member Retreat! Mississippi State Watching Party!
- October 10th and 11th: Help with Tent Sale! (Contact the Fundraising Committee)
- October 12th: First Flag Football and Cheerleading Practice! Check out below for more information.
- October 16th-18th: SOTX Fall Classic- for more information concering what events will be occuring this weekend check out the SOTX website.
- October 30th: Halloween Trunk or Treat at 7pm!
- November 8th: Cheerleading Fundraising Kettle Corn Sale! Kroger Store at Texas and Southwest 9am-6pm
- November 14th: Social- Young Life Talent Show
- November 17th: GRUB Profit Share
- December 6th: Northgate Bake Sale
Please take note that our meetings have changed to Monday
Also, join our facebook page for more updates and pictures!
Current Sports Information
Flag Football and Cheerleading
- Starting: OCTOBER 5TH
- Practice Time: Sunday from 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Location: Central Park fields across from Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church
- Click here for a map.
Contact one of our Unified Chair for more information!
Request to join the ASOTV Facebook page for the most up-to-date information regarding practices.
Please note that if you have not volunteered with us before, you will need to fill out the Class A Volunteer Form and return it to an officer at either the next ASOTV meeting or sport practice.
- Flag Football
Fun Facts about Special
Olympics of Texas!
- There are 51, 319 athletes who participate in Special Olympics sports in Texas alone.
- Texas has the largest Special Olympics accredited program in the United States!
- Our division, Area 6, has over 1000 athletes who participate in any combination of the 12 sports available.
- You don't have to know anything about the sport that you sign up to volunteer with at Special Olympics events; there will be volunteers there to give you a crash course on the sport.
Members and perspective members: Please feel free to check out the member info tab, there you will find our member application which can be turned in at a meeting or online via the "submit online" tab and some volunteer forms. To the right there are tabs that will tell you more about each committee. Also check out the calendar to be sure to know when ASOTV has different activities available for you to participate in.
Organizations: Make sure to check out the student orgs link under the getting involved tab to find out what volunteer opportunities are available.
Volunteer Opportunities: Check with the an officer for our current volunteer opportunities!